Monday, April 26, 2010

Pet Trading Cards & Brag Cards

So as an artist I like to dabble with different medias to create things. First let me say I am an avid hockey fan. From 1999-2009 I was a season ticket holder for a local minor league hockey team. I actually started going to the games in '93 before purchasing a season ticket. I collected everything they could sell or give out, from posters to cards. I also started drawing the players cartoon, caricature and pencil drawings. It was my way of showing my loyalty to the team and how much I appreciated all their hard work at the sport I love. Well, for years they handed out team trading cards as a giveaway until one year they couldn't get anyone to sponsor the cards and the team didn't put out the money to get them. So, I decided to make my own. I have since experimented with card design, one season the team actually sold my team set on consignment, which was great!


Well, since my love of dogs is greater than my love of hockey, I wanted to make a trading card of each of my pups. That led to my PET Card design. Many pet owners just love to show off their adorable "children", what better way then with a card that includes all their stats! Each card features the "Paw Print" argyle print. I also customize the backs of the cards based on information from the pet owner. My favorite stat is Nicknames. My dogs love it when you call them by their nicknames!

So after being inspired by hockey, then my dogs what else could I use as the subject for a card. Babies! Yes, having two adorable nephews means I have hundreds, maybe thousands of pictures of them that will work wonderfully for brag cards to show off these handsome boys. Every mom, dad, grandparent, aunt and uncle want to show off the little cuties. And it doesn't matter if the kid is 1 day old or 25, if you are proud of him or her what better way to brag them up then with one of these cards.

If you are interested in my Pet Cards or Brag Cards just send me an email.  I would be happy to take you photographs and turn them into fun trading cards you can share with your family and friends. What a cute and wonderful thing to start collecting!


*please ignore the gray boxes on the brag card backs, that is just for the little guys' privacy

No comments:

Post a Comment