Friday, May 7, 2010

Well I'm Pooped!

So it's been a few days since my last post and I have an extremely good reason for it. My nephew Parker has been at my house since Sunday night and let's just say he's a handful, a good handful but a handful none the less. He's 10 months old and never sits still. He is crawling all over the place and just looking for something to get into.

Parker is a very determined little boy and no matter how much you try to redirect him or distract him there are five things he just can't get out of his mind and is set on getting: the living room paper can, the VCR and other TV components, the doggie door, the dogs' water bucket and the dog food dish....especially the dog food dish! He's managed to sneak a piece of dog food in his mouth twice now which I have luckily been able to pry from his mouth. That is Casey's fault because when she eats she has a tendency to drop food along the floor as she walks to and from the dish. Unfortunately Parker is right there to collect!

Casey and Jessie are very patient with Parker and they let him pet them and crawl all over them and even clank their license tags. But....after about five days with the little guy I think they are ready for him to go home and just visit for a while :o) Especially since most of the day they are trapped with him in the living room by a gate across the doorway. They still love him but I think they are ready to get back to their normal routine. Yes, normalcy, if there is such a thing in this house.

The one thing about spending a week with Parker is I'm really getting bonding time. Usually he comes to visit once or twice a month (my sister and brother-in-law live an hour and a half away). He really is a very sweet little boy who loves to giggle. Grandma and Grandpa are enjoying their time with him too!

Well, more on this visit later I can hear the little guy waking up from his nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment